Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Topsy Turvy

Does anyone else think there's something wrong with this picture?

Normal cat/dog house:

Owner calls dog, dog comes.
Owner calls cat, cat thinks about it, dog comes.

Our house:

I call the cats (separately or individually), the cats come.
I call the dog, the dog thinks about it, the cats come.

I think I've just highlighted a small gap in Mollie's past training. Not to mention what you can achieve with cats with the occasional, completely random, bribe of honey roast turkey off the bone...

5 comments:

wally said...

Hi Mollie! Thanks for coming to my blog. You sound like one smart dog.

wally.

Kerrio said...

PMSL! I think Mollie has you well trained Em, do you then deliver her treats like I do for Meg?

Em said...

Wally - thanks for coming over! Mollie's definitely smart most of the time. Sometimes, though, she's just blonde...

Kerrio - er... sometimes :) I do try and resist. She's got us all quite well trained with the tennis ball though...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry,run that by me again... you have obedient cats!!? Does the international cat union know about this?

Em said...

Er... yes - and no. Seth and Sammy occasionally eve sit for a treat, but I haven't done any training with them for years. Charley cat is just a strange one, she's very people oriented and will come almost every time when she's called. Last year she also jumped in the neighbour's paddling pool when she got a bit hot. *shrug*