Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hurrah!! The last tablet!!

This morning I gave Mollie her last evil antibiotic tablet. She did not want to swallow it and growled at me as I stroked her throat. But then I got a Baker's meaty chunk out of my pocket and showed her it, and she went 'Gulp!'.

Mollie is still tired from the weekend. Yesterday she went straight to bed when I took her next door, and was most upset when Marlene got up - in fact she was so upset that she went into the spare bedroom and went to sleep on the spare bed. But then in the afternoon she wanted to play ball LOTS, and she was still playing when we got home from work.

Today, she is also very tired. She didn't want any biscuits but she had to have something in her stomach because of the tablet, so I fed her some treats - although she had to sit and lie down for them. Hopefully she'll go home and eat some biscuits during the day, although she'll probably also have a nice lunch next door - yesterday she had a bit of sausage and some chicken! And for tea she had some biscuits, a bit of rice (she would have eaten more but I took it off her), some raw cauliflower stalk (which she loves) and she also tried some curried spinach but wasn't sure about it. Oh and she had a couple of slices of the Quorn fake turkey with stuffing. Yum. And a bit of carrot. OK, maybe I need to stop off and get some dog food on the way home from work tonight...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

9 months ago, when we first brought Mollie dog home (above), she was a timid, clingy girl with absolutely no discipline, poor muscle tone and her only command was 'sit'. Now she does sit, stay, lie down, fetch, bring it (carry the ball while walking), wait and "get in YOUR bed". And when she's tired, she's happy to go upstairs on her own to sleep. Maybe soon we'll be able to leave her at home on her own...

A dog trainer not too far from us is thinking of starting flyball fun classes. I think Mollie might just be ready to give it a go - whaddya reckon?

4 comments:

Ferndoggle said...

I'll be flyball would be a great activity for Mollie. Good for burning up energy & gaining confidence.

Go for it!!

Mollie's lunch was WAY better than mine.

Ferndoggle

Kerrio said...

All I can say is...
THANK DOG for pointy lurchers who queue up for cheese or ham wrapped pills every time I rattle a pill bottle. En mass. I'm not kidding.

Snos to Mollie dog

Kerrio & co

Anonymous said...

Nobody could say that Mollie doesn't have a varied diet!

I don't know much about flyball, but from the little I do know I think that she'd love it...!

Flowerpot said...

I dont know much about flyball either but sounds like she'd have a good time. Glad she's getting better, albeit slowly.