Thursday, August 09, 2007

Working from home - easier said than done when there are pets involved!

Yesterday, because Mollie's usual minders - our neighbours - had gone on a day trip, I worked from home. This was interpreted by Mollie as meaning that I was at home to PLAY with her. Or at least fuss her. All day. Every time I turned around, there was a tennis ball and a wet nose. She dropped it on my foot. She was behind me when I went to make a coffee. What's more, every time I sat down, Sammy cat jumped on my lap. At one point, they ganged up on me - I had Sammy on my lap, leaned forward to do some typing, and Mollie snuck in behind me on the settee!

Despite all the attempts at sabotage, I did actually manage to get some work done, eventually. But my 'lunch hour' was spent throwing a ball in the back garden... sigh...

4 comments:

Kerrio said...

Ah welll - that's where lurcherss come in to their own.

"You want me to get up? What for?"

Terriers are another matter..... (as well you know!)

Em said...

Ah yes, terriers. Like the one currently sat behind me, on the arm of the chair, whining because her third mum - our neighbour - is having a Shiatsu treatment in the other room and therefore NOT PLAYING OR FUSSING MOLLIE. This is apparently an unforgiveable offence... sigh... can I have a lurcher next? Pweeeeez?

Unknown said...

*lol* My dogs are used to me working from home, so I don't see them all day except for when it's TIME to go out or eat. They know their rights and defend them vigorously. Sometimes they will tag along to the loo or if I go in the kitchen, but normally they lounge on the couch or in my bed.

Anonymous said...

Haha - as a fellow home-worker (before quitting to look after Prince), I can totally identify with this! I used to get disgruntled noises drifting up from under the desk....

I have a suspicion that Tilly will make her thoughts felt on the matter when I take the plunge back into the world of work!