Thursday, September 13, 2007

Where's Tracy?

Tracy has gone away for the residential part of her shiatsu course. I'm sure she'll blog about it when she gets back! In the meantime, it was kind of weird being alone last night.

I didn't get much extra space in bed either, as I let Mollie share it with me. She snores, which was actually quite comforting. Mollie quite enjoyed having half the bed. It could be interesting persuading her to go into her own bed on Sunday.

Mollie would like to tell QB that his pln for burying the TDF's car might not work. Yesterday Tracy left without taking her car. This meant that poor Mollie kept looking out of the window, seeing the car and thinking that Tracy was about to come through the front door - so she'd go and stare at the hall door for a few minutes, working herself up into a frenzy, pacing and muttering and occasionally barking at me. I couldn't help. After a while she settled down and accepted that she was stuck with just me.

We went to my sister's in the evening, after Mollie had spent most of the day playing ball. All she wanted to do when she got there was sleep, although she was very pleased to see my sis and my mum. My sister's cat, Icklepest, wasn't too sure, but she came into the living room a couple of times and all Mollie did was gaze adoringly at her so she eventually settled on my sister's lap, which was conveniently near the door. At around 9.30, Mollie just really really wanted to go home, so she jumped down from the armchair where she'd been sleeping and put her paws on my knee, gazing deep into my eyes and gently wagging. Then she said her goodbyes, giving both my sister and my mum lots of kisses (but not Icklepest!), and gave me a look. Given that I was back at work today I thought she probably had a point, so off we pootled...

7 comments:

Kerrio said...

LOL!

a) Yes I had Cleo hogging bedspace last night too.

b) KuBrin sometimes looks out the window and gets very excited seeing Brian's car. Only I've been using it all week and Brian has my car.

It's a dog thing.

Em said...

Complete lack of a short term memory is an amazing thing, isn't it?
Like when you throw the ball, they get distracted and then swear blind that you never threw it cos they've forgotten.

I wonder if cats have the same 'problem' but just never admit to it?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes our dogs are far more sensible than we are! I hope you don't have any 'bed issues' when Tracy gets home.....

Em said...

Graham - we have 'bed issues' every night anyway, I usually have to physically put Mollie in her bed, so it shouldn't be any more of a problem than usual :D

Anonymous said...

One of Freya's duties is to stop me falling out of bed at night. She does this by curling up between my knees on top of the duvet, effectively pinning me down. It works: I haven't fallen out of bed for ages.

Relationships between animals are often as complicated and emotional as those between humans. After all, if dogs and cats manage to communicate with us, why not with one another?

Flowerpot said...

Did you know it's take your dog to work day today?!

Em said...

I'd forgotten - but there's no way I could bring Mollie here. She wouldn't just sit still under my desk all day... shame I'm not working from home!