Saturday, September 15, 2007

Changeling

I know my dog.

My dog doesn't get up in the mornings unless you make her.

My dog refuses breakfast when she eventually does get up, and sometimes won't eat until lunchtime.

My dog gets out of our bed, comes downstairs and goes straight back to sleep.

Who is this strange dog I have today who woke me up with a cold nose and an 'uff' at 8 a.m.?

Who is this dog that demanded breakfast as soon as she got downstairs?

Oh no, hang on - after 20 mins of playing ball, she's curled up and gone to sleep. That's my dog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This capacity to surprise us by behaving out of character is one of the more endearing characteristics of our non-human companions.

I try to return like with like by surprising Freya sometimes. The look on her face when I succeed makes it all worth while!

Em said...

haha, I know what you mean. Sammy cat likes to wait just inside the hall door in the mornings and 'eck' loudly as you open the door. Yesterday morning I opened the door really fast and said 'eck' before he did - the look on his face was priceless!! LOL

Kerrio said...

It's a trick, she's after something, there is a plot hatching... watch your step...