Monday, December 10, 2007

Goodbye my friend

This is a picture of Tracy's parents black labrador, Zoe. She was a wonderful girl, full of love, who as a young dog was the terror of rabbits and squirrels.
More recently she was mostly just a sun worshipper and cuddle monster who, in true lab style, would run headlong at your knees before sliding down your legs and landing on your feet, legs in the air, all the while wagging and squealing fit to burst. When Zoe said hello, you knew about it.
Sadly, Tracy's parents today had to make the tough decision to let her go to a better place, where she has no arthritis, no fatty lumps, and all the rabbits she can chase. I'm sure she will have been greeted on the other side by her best friend Pippa, who died last year. Run free, old girl.

13 comments:

Joe Stains said...

we are sorry about the loss of your friend but you are right that she is in a better place!

Kerrio said...

Farewell Zoe

The hardest decision of all, it never gets any easier.

(in tears now)

Anonymous said...

There's nothing I can say tht might make them feel any better, but I totally understand what Tracys' parents must be going through.... It's simply horrendous.

Tatum Tot said...

I am so sorry. :(

Flowerpot said...

Oh no, a terrible decision but th ebest one. So sad losing a loved one.

Xsara and Tani said...

I'm so sorry about Zoe - she is in a better place now, but it's hard for those who will remain here missing her :(

Anonymous said...

You don't fancy a Molly to Mollie company do you?!

http://www.dogsblog.com/molly-11/

Em said...

Graham - nooooo, she hates cats and we have three! She is gorgeous though. Sadly as long as we're dependent on the neighbours for doggie daycare we can only have one - but we do hope to have another eventually.

Em said...

Thanks for everyone's comments - we're really not looking forward to arriving there on Boxing day and there not being a bouncing, squealing Zoe in the kitchen. And I'm sure Mollie dog will look for her...

Ivy said...

i am so sorry about zoe but i am glad that she gets to chase rabbits again in a better place across the bridge. still it makes me sniffle to read your luvly tribute to her. i hope you are giving your parents lots of snuggles and extra luv, cuz they sure do need it!

luv ivy

Audrey said...

(sorry for my english!!)
I'm sorry about zoe, I understand what it means... I lost my fox terrier last year... only my new little parson make me smile again.

If you want to see her this is her blog
http://audreyparsonrussellterrier.blogspot.com/

From Italy, Ele & Audrey

Ralph said...

Sorry about Zoe, I know memories of her will bring comfort during this hard time

Woof,
Ralph

Ralph said...

Hey Mollie-

Just checking in, where have you been?

Woof,
Ralph

pee-s: please visit my blog to vote for me so I can win the Bissell MVP contest!!!